Thread: 12 Step Help
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 07:55 AM
zoeytoo

Originally Posted by AmyG
I admit my addiction to this board ;). That's the beginning to recovery right? My husband says I need a 12 step program :D Any suggestions? lol

Have a fabulous & blessed day~

Amy
Sorry, there is no recovery, no cure, but you can go to quilt retreats where you meet fellow addicted people. It's like rehab but you come home with more fabric, patterns and ideas. Why go then you ask? Well to get away from pesky people who want to cure you of course. I just admit step 1: I am powerless over my desire to quilt and ask those not YET addicted to admit they are powerless over me and get the heck away from me when I am quilting. Step2: I have come to believe that a power greater thsn myself whom in only this instance I choose to call ExpertQuilters, those with more patterns and talent than me, will help me if a part of my work drives me crazy. Those first two steps get me where I need to be. Tell him he didn't cause it, can't cure it and can't control it, the three Cs, so he should just get a beer and go watch the ball game while you do you thing!!
Isn't it wonderful to have an addiction that cause such joy and brings beauty
into the world! Yahoo! I can't think of any other addiction that does both. But not meaning to offend those who truly have addictions. There is help for you! Just no help for us. I know this because I am looking for a new home to give myself a quilt room. I am willing to use my life savings to support my habit and I am just a beginner at quilting. May your husband detach and you find serenity.