Old 07-03-2011, 08:21 AM
nursie76

Originally Posted by Jates
I see you waving! I'm about an hour south of Greece. Are you going over the 4th? If you have time while visiting your son try to visit Letchworth State Park...it's about 40 minutes south of Rochester. It's called the Grand Canyon of the East- and is truly beautiful! Also, Mt. Morris has been undergoing a wonderful makeover and has lots of nice antique shops and interesting things to see. Ok, I'll shut up now....quilting advisor, tour guide..... :) Have a wonderful weekend!
Good! I am glad you caught the wave!!! :-) Yes we have been here since Friday night. I will make note of the places you have mentioned, DS says his friend has camped there and it is beautiful. Did you know that PA has their Grand Canyon too? It is in Wellsboro, PA. Really the most beautiful in the fall when the leaves are a gorgeous palette of color. I have been to the real Grand Canyon, and while beautiful, I will take the one in PA and probably the one in NY first....I am afraid of heights and the hugeness of the Grand Canyon was really overwhelming for me. Thanks for the heads up on the places to visit. DS never thinks to mention these things. Course, I have found all the quilt shops in a 60 mile radius :thumbup: We go south to go home. Maybe some time when we visit we will get to stop to meet over a cup of tea or coffee. Enjoy your 4th!