View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 09:02 AM
natalieg

Well, it continues on, so that must be a good thing. I got really frustrated with two of the steps (I had never done these two before), but sat down one day last week and decided that I was going to do them and get them done right. Well, I did!

Here is a picture of the parts I have done as of now, except for a few that didn't fit into the picture. I have done all of the blocks and setting pieces. All I have left are the zigzag flying geese (working on them now, almost done) and the final borders, just strips, not pieced.

Once I finish the geese, then I will bring them all upstairs and lay them on the floor as the design wall isn't big enough. I want to rearrange the blocks differently so that the shapes and fabrics in the blocks flow better to the eye for me. I will probably take it to quilt group and have them help me with the placement.

It is feeling really good right now to be this far into the quilt top as my son's wedding is not until March of next year. I hope to have it pieced together within a few weeks and then of to the LA to discuss quilting patterns. Any thoughts on how you would quilt it???

How it should look when done....I hope!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]220291[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-220284.jpe   attachment-220285.jpe