View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 11:54 AM
JoanneS

Originally Posted by Kristin in ME
Originally Posted by JoanneS
Well, since no one has offered any quilting ideas, I'll try! I'm going to assume you're planning to machine quilt, because handquiting a Log Cabin is soooooooooo hard with all those seams! I tried and gave up!

Hmmm - curves - I agree - I like curves when the blocks are full of straight lines. Maybe feathers? It sort of depends on how comfortable you feel with your machine quilting. Long, graceful curves along the dark and light diagonal lines would look nice. You could space them close together like cross-hatching - or leave them as wide apart as your batting recommends.
Joanne, would you believe I've never machine quilted anything?? I'm a little scared to start on this one, though I have to say that as I was pressing all those seams, the thought did occur to me, "huh. Quilting this should be interesting..." I'll have to think that one over, I guess. Especially since my only machine is my old antique Singer.

Could you explain a little more about your cross-hatching curvy lines idea? I'm trying to visualize it. Feather curves? Or just lines?
Long sweeping lines - much easier. That's what I did on a LC several years ago. I just search for a picture with no luck.