View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 06:44 PM
quiltswithdogs

Hi qcrazy, I'm sorry you are not well too. Life is very challenging for sure. Some days my fingers don't work, others I'm in bed too much then need to get something done around here instead of fun quilting. You feel better hearing about me because you don't feel so alone. I am on 2 other boards besides this one; one for bowel disease and the other for rheumatoid arthritis. Each provides support, information, and even a little humor from others living with chronic conditions and multitudes of doctors, medications, treatments, equipment, frustrations. I no longer feel so alone with these struggles. Since I joined in March, I've already noticed I talk less about my ailments to poor hubby, although I need him to truly understand me so he can back me up like for proving that I deserve SSDisability when I go before the judge at the hearing (no date yet). I don't post every day on those; often just reading is enough. That's what gave me the idea to see if there was such a thing as a quilting forum! Now I am all rejazzed about quilting again. It's so fun having people interested in me for this happy thing. My family is my fan base, but they do not understand anything about what goes into quilting like everybody here does. It's really satisfying getting feedback and praise from my peers (well, except that I'm not at the skill level as most here... but that's ok). . I can tell you that we have an advantage over many chronically ill people, we have a way to create beauty and happiness... and that is great therapy for us.