View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Lv2sew2011

Originally Posted by LastGrandma
I was in the mood to do something festive and quick today, so I made the Happy 4th wall hanging that was in the F&P QUILTING Celebrations magazine.

It came together really easy and the applique was not difficult. It is 13" x 30" and I thought I would just meander all over and not stitch around the applique.

Well, my Pfaff started acting up right off the bat. It did not want to do the FMQ with the metallic gold thread, so I changed to a different gold thread. Still breaking and shredding, so changed the needle (3 times), cleaned the machine with the vacuum (even removed the feed dog plate and found a wad of junk under there!)...still breaking thread! So changed to a regular cotton thread, fused with the tension, and the foot pressure. But to no avail!

So I just re-threaded every 40-60 stitches and got it done! Not happy with the FMQ, but it is on my door and I will tear out the quilting and do it over another season. Oh -- and I did use my Pfaff to piece later in the day without a problem!!!

Hope your 4th of July is great and safe. Thanks for looking!
Awesome!!