View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 08:35 PM
pab58

The very first quilt blocks I ever made were Sunbonnet Sue! My dear sweet aunt taught me how to make them the summer I stayed with her prior to entering the 7th grade. Get this, they were made out of double-knit polyester fabrics my aunt had used to make pantsuits (remember those!!!??) for herself and my grandmother!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: At least I didn't have to worry about the edges raveling!!! I never did finish those blocks, and I STILL have them!!! Some are pinned to the white background fabric! They are so-o-o-o badly stitched, but I love them anyway!!

I know there are so many people who abhor Sunbonnet Sue, but I really love her! There are several variations, and you can do "dress" her in so many different ways. I always liked the blocks that had embroidered flowers, animals, etc. in the background. I have two books on Bonnet Ladies that I would really like to do. They're a bit like Sunbonnet Sue all grown up! ;)

Edit: np3, it's been a lot longer than 25 years for me!!!!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: