Old 07-03-2011, 09:39 PM
nancia

missy--some people can deal with anything until they are hit in the face with reality. your mom probably doesn't have a problem with your sexuality, but does have a problem with others judging you. my son is gay. i think i knew it before he did. i have seen him kiss another guy on the lips, and the first time i felt a little uncomfortable, but that has worn off over time.no great ball of fire came out of the sky, nobody pointed and nobody said anything, life went on. is this the first time your mom has seen you with a woman you love? it is different from what we as mom's expected to see. it's not usual for us, until it becomes usual over time and experience. i have so many friends that are of a variety of orientations. i met a slew of wonderful gay people before my son came out and we formed very strong emotional bonds. i think God led me to them, and vice versa because i would need their strength and experience to best serve my son. nobody can be held responsible for their eye color, how can we hold someone responsible for how God made them? sadly there are a lot of people in the world who think their opinion counts more than anyone else's.
don't let it bother you if you can. we love you just the way you are! i haven't been on here long, but i feel a real connection to you, and i even write comments that i think you will find funny hoping it will make you laugh and brighten your day. i've seen that you are a smart, warm and loving person who truly cares about others and is working to be the healthiest she can be. now, go give cathy a kiss, tell your mom to get used to it because it is the new normal! here's a (((hug)))(i love doing that!) and a mom saying it's ok to be who you are, in fact, it's great!