View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 03:45 AM
Sandygirl

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Yes, my dear Grandma has saved me a couple of times by her voiced comments. She died in 1968, right after my last son was born.

On my DH's last day, in ER, he was in a coma and suddenly woke up and pointed to the side of the room. He counted, pointing, one, two, three, up to nine, then calmly told me that "They are all there waiting for me" then pointed to the right of the room and said that "The rest of them are over there", and then went out again. Nine added up to his parents and brothers who had gone before, and some of his most loved aunts.
When I told the ER nurse, he wasn't surprised.
I had worked with him before so he told me that he saw it often on the last day but no one wanted to hear it so he never said anything except when asked. He said for me to call in the family...he died later that evening.

A couple of days later I was sitting alone in the house and heard him tell me Goodbye, using my pet name only he called me.
THANK YOU for sharing your heartwrenching story! Yes! This happens!! A friend of mine shared a story of when they had to take her son to the ER and while waiting for someone to attend to them. They could hear what was going on in the next "room" as the medical team worked on a patient. After the team left the room, all was quiet and a few minutes after, my friend and her boyfriend heard the patient say..."thank you for saving me". Taking comfort in hearing this, when the nurse returned to help them, my friend commented that it was nice that the patient next door would be fine. The nurse replied queitly..."oh, no, that patient passed away." ! Talk about the goose bumps! Wow!

I always ask my friend to repeat her experience. We are believers and take comfort in this.

Yes, there are visions, voices, feelings, etc that we cannot explain. I grew up hearing my mom recall her childhood and the experiences her mother had with the unexplained.

sandy