View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 06:20 AM
kellen46

Originally Posted by Tartan
What is your price range? I love my Bernina 440 QE but I know that is beyond what some people can pay. Mine cost about $3000.00 with the Bernina Stitch Regulator (Free Motion Quilting.)
I have a 440QE as well and sew on it every day. I do everything on this machine and would not trade it for any other. However which ever machine you are going to buy I strongly suggest you go to a dealer for it. A dealer is going to be there for more than just the initial sale, classes, help with sewing problems, parts and service, all this is as important as the machine it's self. I get my machines cleaned and serviced every year. Just like you get your car serviced and tuned up regularly so you need to get your good sewing machine cared for. The dealer you buy from is the right person to care for your machine maintenance. Also dealerships frequently have sewing clubs so you might enjoy the get togethers and learning new techniques. You don't have to buy a computerized machine but you might find you are ready for an upgrade and that BSR is sure nice for free motion quilting.