Old 07-04-2011, 08:21 AM
rfbrazell

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Where is the snowglobe pattern? Have to do some NYC ones.
Great for Christmas!
I don't have a pattern. I took my inspiration from Abdona. I just get my blocked preped ( ironed and startched a little) I mark the center with a dot. Next I trace around a 8 inch circle on the fusible web and then press it on the light blue (the lighter the better) fabric that has smaller or varigated sizes of snowflakes and I really like the fabric that has silver glitter flakes on them. The a piece of med to dark brown with some kind of printed texture on it and I took my inspiration from an actual snowglobe for the base, sketched out base on plain paper until I got it the way I wanted. I then put the fusible web on top of it plain paper and trace the base on to the fusible web and press it down. Last but not least is the content the focal point. Look thru your christmas fabric and find a piece that has a design, like a snowman, an angel, just one that grabs your creative neck and says THIS IS THE ONE. Just fuse the web to the back side and cut it out. It is best to remove as much background around the object you chose as possible.
So here is the order I lay them out on the block
Base first
Globe next just barely covering the top of the base
then the object and press them all onto the block and stitch down in your prefered method.
Phwe!
Sorry for being so winded.
Lol
R