View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 08:38 AM
moonwork42029

Originally Posted by maurie
Has anyone suffered with Shingles? Is there any source of relief? I am in constant pain.
Regretfully I had them last summer along my chin, cheek and in my hair. I couldn't stand for my hair to move at all and had headaches for months and months.

I had to take a "shingles" medicine right away (was way way expensive :() to help keep them to a minimum (so they said). Was also on lortab for the pain if that gives you any idea of what they prescribe for it. I was quarantined from work for a week as a couple people there hadn't had chicken pox yet. (There went my vacation time)

Hate that you have them ... it is along the nerve endings and because people can't "see" them after the rash fades, they don't realize how painful they can continue to be.

It's been a year since I had them (last June) and I still have the "itches" along my jaw line and they can't say how long that will last....at least it's not the pain. Don't think you're crazy if you "feel" stuff for a long time.

Wishing you the very very best and a quick recovery. Sadly I don't have any "relief" miracles for you...wish I did.