View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 11:07 AM
btiny36

My first time I had them was back in 1998. Didn't know what I had, but first I had a red rash that followed a line of nerves in my back, they were itchy at first, then a few days later, they started to hurt enough, I went to the emergence that night and yeppers had shingles...The doctor told me at the time, that I was luck that I had come in when I did as they were continualing to travel the nerve path and were heading into a full circle from back to front (which by the way can possibly kill you if the circle is complete) Wow I was scared. So pain meds, and some kinda of cream was given...I don't remember how long it took for them to go away...Then for the next 3years at around the same month I got them the first time, they came back. So for about 4 years after that I had nothing...Then suddenly 2009 I got them again, but this time, I got them on the bottom inside of my feet. Wow didn't know they would go there...There is a vacine for shingles, and I was told that even though you have had them, you should get the shot. I feel for you....good luck on a fast healing