View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Pam B

Sorry to hear you have to spend the holiday in the hospital...hope you feel better real soon!

DH and I have been very lazy today but in a bit I will get busy. My dad, step-mom, DS and DIL will be coming to our house for a bite to eat and then to watch the community fireworks from our front yard. It is not a fancy meal this evening because I am just feeling very lazy. We are grilling hot dogs, having baked beans and wilted lettuce salad and a pudding dessert. Very, very low-key this year.

We have lived here 32 years and generally have had a big she-bang on the 4th. In the years the kids were growing up and we had the above-ground pool, many celebrations started about noon and lasted till close to midnight. I kind of do miss those days. DD and SIL were home Sat. and opened their wedding gifts then went on to their new residence in Cincy. Other DD (21) is celebrating with her boyfriend's family at their lake house and then will be on her way to Moline, IL tomorrow morning on a business trip. (She is interning with a business consulting company this summer.) This year really seems a little lonely to me. Our kids have seemed to grow up on us and we do not have grandkids yet. (Although, sometimes my dad and step-mom seem like kids! LOL)