View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 06:46 PM
quiltswithdogs

You are all being so wonderful to me; I sure wish my poor daughter had this much support! She's probably freaking out after seeing the news and the local report. Evacuation zones have been extended even farther now.

No phone call from her since this morning after her landlord scared her.

Oh, and I too was wondering why he offered to get only one thing for each. Maybe, he has things there he wanted to save for himself, though I don't know what, since he doesn't live there. Anyway, I hope he got to go in and at least get the cat--yikes! Vanessa has been fighting with her housemate, a woman 15yrs her senior, to make arrangements for her cat when she leaves because she, Vanessa, does that for her little dog and can't be responsible for the cat. Not only that, Vanessa has asthma and is allergic to the cat! Maybe now the woman will love her cat enough and be considerate enough to Vanessa to take responsibility. But the amazing cluelessness of this never-lived-with-anybody-before woman is a whole other story! OK, I just have to give another example of this; one day, Vanessa came home to find her housemate had put a bunch of clothes into her(Vanessa's) closet in her own bedroom. The woman was truly baffled why this was inappropriate. She said her own closet was already full and Vanessa had plenty of room! --ha! There's more, but I'll put those on non-quilting Chit-Chat someday in the future.

Again, thank you and I'll keep you posted.