View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 03:14 PM
blahel

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

Originally Posted by Babs194068
Originally Posted by miss_ticky2
I'm another Janome fan (I have the 7700 Horizon too)and I don't think you would go wrong with a Janome. The Horizon is quite expensive but I don't think there's anything else I would want on a machine for quilting...it has an extra large harp area for fitting large quilts into an a host of stitches, including a few different blanket stitches. I love to applique with mine as well. And I love the built in walking foot.

But, as suggested, go and try them out and see what might suit you and your budget the best.

Good luck with it :)

I agree I love my Horizon.
i too would love a Horizon! I am still saving! The thing that makes me want one (not the only reason) is the large harp space. If you decide to look at other machines another much used feature would be needle up/down. Check to see how many feet come with the machine as they can be expensive and see if they can at least throw in a few extra feet.Good luck with whichever machine you buy. Also listen to the ladies when they say buy from a dealer but as you have found out there are good dealers and not so good ones...