Old 07-04-2011, 04:17 PM
kwendt

Originally Posted by BoJangles
$125 - allotted on February 15, 1939, a FW with her card like table, her attachments, and the power cord/foot pedal. We have to replace the power cord.

Nancy

I posted her picture in the photo shop too! The machine behind the FW is my Singer 15-88 treadle.
Way cool, Nancy. Great deal to find both table and machine. Very very nice. You'll love it...and that lady will enjoy her $125. Not bad all in all...

Oh...and back to IrishRose... yes, the prices on the featherweights at the shopgoodwill site can be great. BUT you do run a risk in shipping. If I were ever to buy another machine, I'd CALL the Goodwill and make sure they pack it right. Otherwise, they're tempted to just chuck the machine (in it's case and no additional packing) into a big box and wrap it in bubble wrap. That will trash the case during shipping and potentially/likely scratch and damage the machine. So there is a risk involved.

I wonder if any of the VSMS folks live close by the goodwill stores that are selling on the website. If so, perhaps they'd be willing to pick up the machine, and pack/ship it right. (Of course, being well reimbursed for doing so!).