View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 04:32 PM
thimblebug6000

Hi there... I know what you're going through.... because I always pre-wash but have had a couple bad experiences with colours running. I try to make sure my fabric is not colouring the water BEFORE I use it....remember I said try.... but I have been using OxiClean Colour Catcher which I purchased here in BC, sorry can't remember exact store, but it says Made in Ireland for 20/20 Direct, 59 Ambassador Dr., Mississauga, Ont.....hmmmm.. probably somebody like Saveon Foods in the detergent aisle or maybe even Walmart (although I don't usually shop there) Just as an aside.... I recently washed a scrappy mystery quilt...ALL the fabrics had been prewashed but I popped a little colour catcher in... it came out pink...I was relieved that I had put it in....BUT.... soooo disappointed when I brought the quilt out of the dryer.... yup.....one of the reds had bled into a white.... it seems red & white is the worst, but I have had problems with navy & white also..... it's interesting to me that it doesn't bleed into the creams....I wonder if there is more wax or whatever in their finishes? With my navy problem, I just kept washing & washing it....and now... the navy bleed is not visible (but still there a little) Good luck with what you try!