Old 07-04-2011, 05:21 PM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Well I wasn't out junkin today, but on our way to the store - I wanted to go a long back road - we spotted a 'Barn Sale' sign so pulled in to see what they had.

They had tons of stuff, but I had to ask if there were any old sewing machines. This lady said yes, she had her Mother's portable machine in the house along with it's table. I immediately thought FW and asked to see the machine! Anyway, to make a long story short this is what I got for $125 - allotted on February 15, 1939, a FW with her card like table, her attachments, and the power cord/foot pedal. We have to replace the power cord. I was, and still am, really excited and guilty feeling because I didn't tell her what she had! I just gave her the $125, got the machine and table, thanked her, and left! I was not even trying to find another FW!

Nancy

I posted her picture in the photo shop too! The machine behind the FW is my Singer 15-88 treadle.
MY oh My! Congratulations! Don't have to tell you what a steal you got... not meant to make you feel guilty. I am sure the owner thought she made out pretty well also. ENJOY! Wow. :shock: