Old 07-04-2011, 06:58 PM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by Quilted Dogs
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
I well remember my very first Olfa Rotary Blade Cutter that I bought at the Seattle area's Sewing Expo oh so many, many years ago. Throughout the years I have bought replacements blades and actually learned how to replace the blades without cutting myself up. I added an Olfa's 45mm cutter to my collection but didn't use it much... UNTIL the cost of the 60mm blades began to go up.

Today I noticed someplace (sorry, don't remember exactly where I was looking) that an Olfa 60mm replacement single blade was $7, I decided to do an online search for 5 pak blades of this brand. Here's what I found.

These are costs of a 5-pak of 60mm Olfa blade replacements:

Overstock.com: 28.49 + 2.95 shipping= $6.29/blade

Olfa.com: 50.99 + 9.90 shiping= $12.18

Amazon.com: 17.65 + 4.99 shipping= $4.53

Buy.com: 36.28 + free shipping= $7.26

I didn't check out JoAnn's nor factor in their 40% & 50% off coupons.

My solution has been to get carpet cutter 45mm replacement blades and use them in my Olfa cutter. Sad to me because I have always enjoyed and appreciated Olfa's brand of products.
Wow, what information.......I work for an apt. complex and we have rugs replaced all the time by a company so mayb if I check with him, I might b able to get some blades cheap for my 45mm huh???? Thanks for the info.
Shar, if you have a Harbor Freight near you, that is where I get mine. Some people have not had success with these blades but I have, so far.