Old 07-05-2011, 05:33 AM
QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by Roxanne
Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Rox, I haven't posted that block yet. Just finished it about an hour ago.
Oh, you are talking about your second block? Your first one also has this fabric....
You are so right. I had forgotten. At our last Quilt Club meeting, we were to wear a hat that we had made. I don't do hats, but I did have the first center unit hanging around. I took it & folded it like we used to do when we were kids to make either a hat or a boat. Threw some basting stitches at it to get it to hold together & took it with me. After we were finished showing off the hats, I sat there & ripped out the basting stitches. Another member who is only just beginning to get serious about quilting really liked it & asked if she could have it. It wasn't really finished, but I gave it to her & told her to practice her binding on it. I get the funny idea it is hanging in her sewing room now!!! So all traces of the frst go-round of AOTH are out of the house. Yup, that's the same fabric! Infact most of the new block is identical to the other one, except I used different pinks for the outer flowers. Will take a pic when I get home with my new camera!