View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 06:01 AM
KyKat

All of your ideas are wonderful, and I have mulled them all over and I'm going to use a lot of them, mashed all together. I went online and printed pictures of several drawings of tulips, including RUSewing's picture, blossoms, stems and leaves, and I think I will make several versions, with each block having a little different arrangement of leaves and stems, and I'll probably trim the flowers a little bit too, make them not so fat at the bottom, and embroider and applique petals down them to make them pop more. Since while there are two flowers of each print, there are no prints repeated, so since the prints are different, each block can be a little different with placement of flowers, leaves, stems, maybe grass, vine, a petal lying beside it having fallen off, whatever strikes my fancy while I am working on it. Now my decision is the backing color for the blocks. I have in my stash a whole stack muted jewel tones that I think would be really pretty, with the darker tones behind the light prints and the light tones behind the dark prints. It might be a little more interesting than all white background, especially since a lot of the prints are light. Decisions, decisions . . . .