Old 07-05-2011, 06:29 AM
taiboo

OMG, i have the exact same fabric and my dh has been wanting me to do something with it...last night he started messing with it and the layout is sooo similar to yours it gives me goosebumps LOL....he wants to start sewing it tonight LOL

Originally Posted by Selena
I was supposed to make my first quilt for DH as a thank you for insisting I buy my LA. I ended up making it for his cousin's wife who had terminal cancer. So this my second. I planned to do an elaborate design for a beginner but when I showed it to him he said he didn't want any of that frilly stuff. I asked "what frilly stuff?" and he said "those triangles and squares." Then he proceeded to describe a panel with borders around it and just straight lines for the quilting. Since the panels are in a square I had to adapt the design to make a rectangle as it is for his bunk on his semi. I thought crosshatching would be great until I attempted it. There are so many mistakes. Thank you to the person on a previous post who puts rubber cement on her ruler. You saved my sanity. When in the middle, he informs me that he just wanted horizontal lines across it. How boring is that? These pictures are as it came off the LA. I still have some ripping out to do. I will post a finished picture with the matching pillow cases when I finish. I'm not proud of this, my second quilt but accept it as a learning tool. DH loves it though.