View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 09:04 AM
irishrose

I have exactly the same problem and my house and quilting show it. I was overactive all my life but was able to accomplish a lot. Now my body has worn out and my mind is still overactive. The thing I find helps the most is music. I use my favorite CDs and time myself by how many songs I will stay with something. Yesterday when I needed to stay at the sewiing machine I didn't move through an entire CD.

The other problem is that when you live alone, there's so much to do. I quilted yesterday. When I went out to walk the dogs, I realized I didn't water the flowers, so I had to sidetrack. The dogs thought I had lost it when I put their Flexileads on the railing and picked up the hose to fill water jugs.

Make a list and check off things as you complete them. Be sure to include the little things so you have a sense of acomplishment as you are able to complete each item. Right now my list will say, eat lunch, fold clothes, check the mail, unload the dishwasher and quilt. It doesn't say check the QB, so I'll see you later.