View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:03 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
I live in OK...on CL IF and I do mean IF you can find any sewing machine on there, they want HUGE amounts of money for it and it usually one that has been left out in a barn for years!

I would love to find one like you manage to find on CL or on the CURB....
Take that barn one! It can be cleaned up, and I bet ya it will work for you! I purchased a barn machine for $30 (yes, again $30). It is a National Two Spools. It just needed a good oiling and cleaning. I only clean my machines with Singer sewing oil inside and out. I learned my lesson of having the decals turn silver by using other chemicals; so, now I only use the Singer sewing oil to clean the outside of machine up.

Or start looking on the Shopgoodwill site for cheap deals. Ask friends or neighbors if they know of anyone.

Be patient..the machine will find you. I always say that the machines find you..just like an orphan cat or dog.

Pictures of the National Two Spools direct from the barn before cleaning and after in use making a Christmas table runner.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-221328.jpe   attachment-221329.jpe   attachment-221330.jpe