View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 06:48 PM
quiltswithdogs

the latest....
My daughter finally checked in with us. Unfortunately, I don't have answers to all my questions because she called her dad at work this afternoon knowing I was probably asleep for my daily long nap. What he did get though, is that she is ok. Her business is still there, but vandalized already; their brand new, classy, very expensive sign was stolen. Why would someone want a business sign? I hope she took a photo of it before she left for her conference. Sadly, she is not allowed anywhere near her home so she's still scared about it's outcome. She is staying with her friend who had her dog and car. There's no room for us there or at any motel but we can stay at my cousin's about 2hrs away if she wants us to come help clean up or something. I barely clean my own house these days but there are probably small tasks I can do. She said she will call us on Monday; hopefully she will know everything by then. DH didn't think to ask about her asthma in the smoke-filled air.

The temperature is more mild and the winds are less which are helping the firefighters.
Although improving from the 10% containment to 30% now, it still is very bad. The official guess is this won't be considered controlled until May 13th. Hopefully, her house is safe and continues to remain so.

I will update you again on Monday. Maybe Vanessa will call me tomorrow, if in all the chaos she remembers it is Mother's Day. I sure understand if she doesn't, except that knowing her, she will be so upset with herself later.

Thank you again for all your prayers and concern,