View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 01:28 PM
catrancher

Here is the link to my original post about Batt Scooters:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-134093-1.htm

I said I would tell you how I liked them.

As I said in my original post, I have arthritis in my right hand and wrist, and I have to wear a splint when I do FMQ. While I like my Machinger's gloves, it is inconvenient to wear a splint and gloves at the same time.

I'm happy to report that they work for my purposes. They give me a good grip on the fabric, and I'm able to FMQ without using gloves. For some, that might be reason enough to switch over if, like me, you don't like wearing gloves. On the other hand, I don't think they work any better than Machinger's if gripping the fabric is the only thing you're wanting. I wouldn't switch to the Batt Scooters unless you have a special need (as I do) of some kind.

They took a few minutes of getting used to, but I was quilting as if they were old friends in no time. For me, the purchase was worthwhile, and I'll use them for FMQ from now on.

One last thing . . . they are nothing more than pieces of foam cut into the shape of a bat. While the video states that the curves allow you to get closer to the needle without them getting in the way, I didn't find this to be a major advantage. Two pieces of foam cut into whatever shape you like would work just as well, IMHO.