View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 03:38 PM
MargeD
Power Poster

What an adorable quilt, I love it and the colors. Welcome from Lowell, MA, formerly from NH. We too are "attempting" to live on fixed income, my husband is disabled and I should have applied for disability instead of just collecting at 62, but we needed the money and I kept thinking that I would get a job. I rely on my stash as well. In fact, I just finished making the quilt for July 4th reunion, in memory of my sister, who passed away 2 years ago, and with fabric that my relatives sent, I didnt' have to buy anything, as a niece sent me the batting. The same niece won the quilt and she couldn't be happier. I'm hoping to make crafts, quilts, etc. to see online and my DIL will design my website, as that's what she does for a living. My hubby didn't understand why I wanted to keep what I could of my stash, but fabric is more visible than computers and computer programs. Oh well, when I'm quilting I'm happy and that's all I care about. Welcome aboard, I'm sure you're going to love this site - I do.