Old 07-05-2011, 06:05 PM
natalieg

Ok, I need to decide on a layout for the main nine blocks of my son's wedding quilt. I have set it up in several different layouts and taken photos and picked the two that I like the most and the layout that the pattern says to use.

I did choose my own fabrics for this so it doesn't have quite the same effect that the pattern designer has chose.

I don't care as much for their layout because my fabric choices don't work the same and because they have all the star blocks in one row, the pinwheels across from each other and then the triangle and squares in one row.

I would appreciate any input on this so I can ponder and make an informed decision and start sewing it altogether. I would ask my DIL to-be but she has only seen pics of the individual blocks and I haven't let her see it since.

This will be at a diagonal, but I photographed it square so I could get closer up. If you think the blocks should be set different, please speak up and let me know.

There will be 4 photos to see.

TIA

The quilt in their fabrics
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221539[/ATTACH]

The center with the pattern layout
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221540[/ATTACH]

#1 Lot of white in blocks on sides
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221541[/ATTACH]

#2 Lot of white in blocks on corners
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221542[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-221533.jpe   attachment-221534.jpe   attachment-221535.jpe   attachment-221536.jpe