View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 08:50 PM
charismah
Banned

I had another post listed here:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-135028-13.htm

My son read the book called " All cats have aspergers syndrome" By Kathy Hoopmann

It is a book geared towards younger children all about aspergers.
My DH actually has aspergers and we talk about it frequently,. We also have several friends with children on all different parts of the autism spectrum.

A friend of mine came over and saw Carl under the table with our dog.....If anyone has an aspergers child you would understand that sometimes these children have high affection and attachment to animals. My DH and son do very much. She gave us the book because she knew it would be good for our family. She also has an autistic son.
After my son read it over and over for two days (also an aspergers trait) he came to us very seriously and said he thinks he has aspergers. LOL We told him we already knew..he has been happy ever since discovering this himself. He read the book out loud to all of us...all of his siblings confirmed for him that he does in fact have aspergers. That's an official diagnosis right? LOL. (Just kidding he already has one)

So I hope the title of the books helps anyone and everyone who has asked....again..geared towards little children..but beneficial to the whole family.

Thanks!
C