View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 07:41 AM
MsSage

Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
Originally Posted by Maribeth
Our HOA doesn't allow clotheslines, my neighbors said they even received a warning from the HOA for leaving pool towels to dry on the deck overnight. (But I read somewhere there is a national "green" movement to outlaw any limitations on clotheslines, hope that passes.) I would love one, they sound so healthy and fresh. My family didn't have one when I was a child. When we moved to Virginia in the late 60s my mom got her first clothes dryer (she said she has had a washer her whole life), she was so happy, she used to talk about what a chore line drying was.
Speaking of HOAs, an HOA in Orange County CA can fine you for leaving your garage door open for longer than an hour. This is in a subdivision where every home is the same color, etc.
Fl has passed a law stating no HOA can fine a homeowne for a cloths line. I am sure other states will join in.
That is why I will NEVER live in a neighborhood with a HOA. Its MY property and I can do what I want.

All of my houses have had lines and they were used. personal items always dryed using the wooden one inside makes your bras last longer. Now I dont have a line and I miss it so much I love the crispness of towels and the smell of sheets and quilts.
As for ironing uuuuggg I HATE it. I only do fabric now. I LOVE that LOL go figure.