View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 08:51 AM
Maribeth

Originally Posted by MsSage
Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
Originally Posted by Maribeth
Our HOA doesn't allow clotheslines, my neighbors said they even received a warning from the HOA for leaving pool towels to dry on the deck overnight. (But I read somewhere there is a national "green" movement to outlaw any limitations on clotheslines, hope that passes.) I would love one, they sound so healthy and fresh. My family didn't have one when I was a child. When we moved to Virginia in the late 60s my mom got her first clothes dryer (she said she has had a washer her whole life), she was so happy, she used to talk about what a chore line drying was.
Speaking of HOAs, an HOA in Orange County CA can fine you for leaving your garage door open for longer than an hour. This is in a subdivision where every home is the same color, etc.
Fl has passed a law stating no HOA can fine a homeowne for a cloths line. I am sure other states will join in.
That is why I will NEVER live in a neighborhood with a HOA. Its MY property and I can do what I want.

All of my houses have had lines and they were used. personal items always dryed using the wooden one inside makes your bras last longer. Now I dont have a line and I miss it so much I love the crispness of towels and the smell of sheets and quilts.
As for ironing uuuuggg I HATE it. I only do fabric now. I LOVE that LOL go figure.
I would love to see the "HOAgoons" faces if that ever passes, I would put one up out of spite. I know there is a federal law to protect homeowners flying American flags because some HOA's tried to ban them, so let's hope. They walk the neighborhood together with their clipboards every month. The letters arrive the next week. I kind of feel bad for them, how sad their lives must be that this is how they choose to spend their free time.

Until I bought here I didn't know how bad HOAs could be. I will never do it again, but this isn't the time to sell.