View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 09:28 AM
mommaB

I had a lidded small trash can in the baby's room for diapers, and I put a deodorizer in it (we used to have ones called stick-ups, but that was 25 years ago!!). I'm not against disposable diapers, I used them, but I do think its really environmentally wrong to wrap them up in yet more plastic to send to the landfill , especially the diaper genie sausage!!. Just take the trash out more often!! The little trash can I had held about 1 day's worth of diapers so I had to empty every night. Only stinky when you flipped the lid!! There's so much stuff out there now that you really don't need!!! Get Baby nighties without collars (they always turn up into their face), onsies, lots of recieving blankets, cloth diapers, not the prefolded kind, for burp rags, feeding stuff, (well water washed stuff needs sterilized, city water stuff not necessarily). If she's formula feeding, they make individual servings of ready to feed, and you can make individual bottles one at a time with powder and warm city water (no heating time..yippee at 2 am!!) or mcirowaved water! I never used a baby bathtub either, just seemed like more hassle to get all the "stuff" out and put away. Just used the big tub..easy. And MOM needs a comfy chair where she can put her feet up while holding and feeding (70% of her time!!). The glider kind are soooo comfy..!!