Thread: Fabric on hand
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Skeat

Here I am!!:)That is exactly what I do!LOL Here's the facts of why...I am too cheap! The only time I buy fabric that is not for a project is an occassional fat quarter. That is it. I buy from a list for a specific project(s)...and, sometimes that will continue for awhile depending on the project. I stack my boxes and baskets w/a tag hanging off the fron't of them to tell me what project it is for and if there is still a need to fill on the inside of that:). Sometimes we are in a mood to applique, sometimes something crazy and then other times a sampler...any which way-I am ready or almost:)I'd love to go to a fabric store and just buy 3yrds of this or 3yrds of that...but, even if you gave me a $100 to do that....I'd never be able to decide. I'd stand there for days trying to debate if it was fabric I actually could use, if it is just cute at the moment....and will it be outdated before I'd get to it...then the practical side kicks in w/'you have plenty to do at home'....which works unless I find something I have to make now...which causes me to buy for just that project:)I wish I could just stack fabrics! Maybe someone needs to hold my hand and pull me thru the process to the register!LOL Skeat