Old 07-06-2011, 08:16 AM
jtapp9

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
This reminds me of the quote from "Moscow on the Hudson": "Everybody I meet is from somewhere else." I'm from Iowa. I came down here to visit a friend; hated Lexington, but met this guy. . .I went back to Iowa, but we all know how this ends--I've been here for 33 years. I have gotten used to Lexington, though!!
Where in Arkansas are you? I really thought that's where I wanted to live--the Ozarks!! I'm probably the only person in KY who doesn't follow the Cats, but my husband, son and daughter make up for it.

Originally Posted by jtapp9
Miz Johnny I am from Clay City, KY! The Air Force brought my husband here 16 yrs ago and we stayed. My mom passed away 7 yrs ago and we don't make it back to KY much anymore, but we are still big Wildcat fans!!!!!

I'm about 10 miles outside of Little Rock. Arkansas and KY are such HUGE rivals when it comes to sports that we find it amusing to say we are Cat fans! Although I don't plan on ever claiming to be a "Hog", I do have respect for where I am currently residing :). Our kids were in 3rd and 6th grade when we moved here and they pretty much grew up here so that is why we stayed. Its close enough to visit, but far enough that most don't invade in on us...lol. My family is also from Indiana, right across the Ohio from Louisville. That is where we usually visit now. I have a couple sisters in KY still (lots of distant relatives) but it is easier for them to come to IN where most of the relatives live.