View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 09:01 AM
margecam52

Go to Eleanor Burns website (www.quiltinaday.com), and look for her free tutorial on how she does applique.
You take lightweight, fusible, non-woven interfacing ...sew it glue side to right side of the applique..trim close to the stitching line...make a slit in the back of the fusible...and turn the piece right side out...use the end of a small (not pointed or tiny), or a closed ink pen, etc...to push out any seams that need it...smooth everything... they you can iron the fusible side to the background and finish with your decorative or blind stitching...the fusible will give you just a hint of puffiness..If you need more..do a mock trupunto..put a piece of thin batting inside the slit in the fusible before you press it to the background.

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
I'm working on an appliqued wall hanging and I'm almost to the point where I need to add the flowers.

Here's my dilemma, I really want the flowers to have a slight poof to them but even the very thinnest cotton batting is too fuzzy around the edges of the applique.

Any brilliant ideas? Something that'll make it have just a little dimension but not be too fuzzy???