Old 05-10-2009, 02:02 PM
peaceandjoy

I'd have to say my purchases vary widely, but probably average out to about $100/mo. :lol:

Yikes, 1,000 yds in 10 months? :shock: That makes me look like a very small time buyer, lol. Yes, the shopping is often so much easier (and faster) than the quilting.

Dojo36 - so glad for you and your loved ones that you have quit smoking. You're almost at your 1 year anniversary, that is great! :D Your money is definitely better spent on fabrics.

Although I don't know where Beverly's is, I think I've purchased that very same thread! Last week I went into LQS to get two 1/2 yard cuts of fabric. My total was over $100. :roll: At least I remembered those original two that I needed. And I have already used the pattern (The Market Tote, by Country Quilter), two yards of fabric, and Decor-Bond.

While I don't like shopping for anything else, quilting things - from magazines to patterns, thread to fabric - I LOVE! We have several great shops w/in an hour's drive, plus I have a couple of online favorites.... We all need to do what we can to stimulate the economy, right? :wink: