View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

[quote=tlrnhi]
Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
I remember the HOAs goosestepping around the neighborhood, clipboards in hand. When we moved from CA to our Midwest we swore never again!!!!! My home, my yard, my mortgage. [/quote

One reason why I won't buy a house with an HOA. Iit's MY house to pain pink with purple polka dots if I want to! In fact, there is a house down the road here that was painted like that. The people sold it and painted it back white. :( I kept saying I was going to take a pic of it because it was pretty, but never did. :(
We have a house in our little neighborhood that is painted to look like a cow. People call it the Cow House. They painted big black spots all over three sides and the side you pull up to is painted with a mural showing a cow and her calf in the barn. It is really something!

I don't know what a HOA is but we do have some city rules that are annoying. Some of the town council go around and check out people with things in their yards they think should be removed or fixed. Sometimes it is a good thing and sometimes it seems like they are trying to cause trouble for someone they don't like!