Thread: Retail quilts
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 04:59 PM
fabric whisperer

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

Originally Posted by butterflywing
Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
I've never had a store-bought one hold together more than a couple years, where my quilts still aren't falling apart
a couple of years? how many years do you want for that few dollars? ten? twenty? how much do your quilts cost?
I don't expect much from store-bought, they are more for a quick decoration on a spare bed ~ or a kids favorite character at that point in time. The all-pink-room we did for my daughter when she was 7 (at her request) was an expensive set from JCPenney ~ the curtains have survived, but that "comforter" and dustruffle fell apart inside of 6 months. I have the surviving pieces in a box, daughter is learning to quilt, so that fabric will be upcycled into something new for her room when she feels confident enough to sew it.

I was just making a point ~ my quilts are quality, lots of time and effort put into them ~ and I don't sell them, I would never recoup my costs. So I make them with love and give them away. Works for me.