View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Thank you for your kind remarks. The brown stars are from a Bonnie Hunt pattern that is free on line. I need to elaborate on DH's paper piecing. The idea came from a tutorial here on the board. He sews scrap strips onto adding machine paper that way making "new" fabric. So purple scraps with purple scraps etc. He does not plan to use the strips himself but he told me he wants me to make something out of the strips.

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Great post. I enjoy seeing pictures of people that are doing the actual quilting on the vintage machines too. I am just starting to dabble into using the vintage machines for piecing Singer FW both black and white, singer 401, Singer 301 two tone, Bernina 830 (mechanical) and I am trying to work with the singer 15-91 for the actual quilting. My husband paper pieces on the Singer 301 Mocah.
Anna,
Those quilt tops are handsome! Both are nicely done, and I really love the brown one with the stars-nice pattern. I love seeing everyone's work that they have done using vintage machines! I'm always surprised at how beautifully these elderly machines stitch! Please post photos of your husbands paper-piecing when all is finished!