Old 07-07-2011, 04:51 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Well I wasn't out junkin today, but on our way to the store - I wanted to go a long back road - we spotted a 'Barn Sale' sign so pulled in to see what they had.

They had tons of stuff, but I had to ask if there were any old sewing machines. This lady said yes, she had her Mother's portable machine in the house along with it's table. I immediately thought FW and asked to see the machine! Anyway, to make a long story short this is what I got for $125 - allotted on February 15, 1939, a FW with her card like table, her attachments, and the power cord/foot pedal. We have to replace the power cord. I was, and still am, really excited and guilty feeling because I didn't tell her what she had! I just gave her the $125, got the machine and table, thanked her, and left! I was not even trying to find another FW!

Nancy

I posted her picture in the photo shop too! The machine behind the FW is my Singer 15-88 treadle.
Wow girl!! How lucky are you!!! Don't feel guilty. She set a price and you paid it. I'm sure she's happy with getting her full price.
Janice, she had no idea what she had. That little FW was her Mother's machine. The lady has another Singer she bought for $50, she says about 30 years ago. She didn't show it to me, but she thought that machine was worth way more than the FW -- I do feel guilty because I didn't tell her the opposite was true!

Nancy