Old 07-07-2011, 08:17 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
You are one lucky lady!! I'd like to see a picture of the cabinet of your Singer 15-88. Looks like one I just recently bought.

Texas Jan
Here you go! My 'go to' machine. He does it all, plus has reverse!

Nancy

Yep that is the one. Mine was electrified. I can't see any sign by way of scratches or use marks that my cabinet ever was completely outfitted to be a treadle machine. She was made in 1948 (my birth year) AH701263. She has had quite a bit of use. I will restore the cabinet if it ever cools down enough here in Texas. Here are her before pictures. I paid $50.00 for her in a garage sale.

Texas Jan
Yep, Texas Jan, that is the same cabinet. I doubt it was ever a treadle cabinet. That straight leg cabinet was (I think) about the last model cabinet used for a treadle so it makes sense it was also used with the 15-90 and 15-91. Remember, my 15-88 is a 1939 model! I love those 15's!

Monica, Vintagemotiff, also has a straight leg cabinet - although, I am not sure which machine came with it, but hers is a treadle!

Nancy
Yes, I have a straight-leg cabinet. I have had many machine heads reside in the cabinet. First, the machine that came with the cabinet, Singer 15GB168, and then the Singer 201. After that, I made the modification to hold the National Two Spools. And now, it holds my Singer 328K, Hank the Tank.

I will post a photo of a Singer 15GB168 in the photo thread. Yes, there is such a thing as a 15GB168; the machine has a plate with this id. And the machine has the RAF decals. I forgot about this machine. It has pretty decals, but I'm not attracted to this machine as I'm to my others.