View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 09:21 AM
pab58

Okay everyone, here is my block #11. Now don't get too upset with me because I didn't make the lilypad (that's what I'm calling it anyway ;) ). I mentioned in another post that I liked the open/lacy look of most of the blocks so I wanted to keep that look with the "lilypad" blocks. :oops: :oops:

I think I made some improvements in my skills on this block, and I'm hoping they continue to improve as I go along. I'm ready to start on the next block, but I must say that I'm so afraid to do that reverse applique to make that skinny ribbon!!! :shock: :shock: Lesley mentioned that if anyone is making the 7" blocks, they might want to widen it a bit. Well, that's exactly what I'm going to do!!! I just don't think there is enough fabric to turn under -- at least not at my level of skill! These 7" blocks are pretty small, but it's good practice to hone my applique skills! At least that's what I keep telling myself!!!! :lol: :lol:

My lacy lilypad block!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]222369[/ATTACH]

My first two blocks. There are improvements in the second block but still some boo-boos. Hopefully, I'll get better at making those circles and points!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]222370[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-222363.jpe   attachment-222364.jpe