View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Diana Lynne

Originally Posted by LoriJ
Our 30th wedding anniversary is this August and I'm planning a surprise weekend (Fri-Mon) trip to Charleston for us. I've got hotel reservations on Market street and know that we want to go to Ft Sumter and Patriots Point. Anyone that live down there have other ideas? My DH is a history nut. Also good places to eat without spending a ton of money? Thanks in advance!!!
Lori
I am from around Charleston SC and there are so many things to do..They have carriage rides, ghost tours (which are fantastic), the market street, and you can tour some of those awesome historic houses..My mind is going in circles just thinking of all the things you can do here :wink: As far as eating, there are some very wonderful restaurants that the prices are pretty good..Bubba Gump, Hyman's, and quite a lot of other good restaurants..Some are cheaper and some are more expensive..There is the Museum which I can get lost in for hours, the aquarium, and than there are the beaches..On Sullivan's Island you can actually see dolphins quite often..