Old 07-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Pattyjo7686

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
For some reason I keep forgetting to weigh in. Maybe I just don't want to see the numbers any more. LOL.
Last night about 9:30 I got a call from Life Alert, my mom had fallen again. She is 84 and lives by herself about 80 miles from me. Fortunately some people in her church went to the hospital and brought her home for me. She cut her head and the super glued it shut. Then about 1:30 a.m. my son called and his car had broken down! I had to get up early so I could check on my mom on my way into work. I am running on fumes, as they say. At least I am drinking water so far today. didn't have time to make my lunch or snacks, but will try to stay away from the chips and junk.

Mom has a black eye and the cut is in the eyebrow. She looks good, even with the black eye. She refuses to move in with any of us kids, so we are always getting phone calls because she falls and can't get up. Very frustrating, especially since I live so far away.
My mom was living alone and was doing the same thing. As it turned out she was taking her pills several times a day some times. She would go back to bed after she got up and did not remember if she took them the first time so she retook them.
after getting this straightened out the falls decreased by about 90% so you might check on this.. or have someone check mom said oh no I only take them once a day an the other half the time forgot to take them all together.