Old 07-07-2011, 12:58 PM
SerendipiD

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by SerendipiD
I do have a question about my 15-91...

THe machine was purchased off of Craigslist and came with 2 bobbins - one metal and one plastic. The metal one works perfectly, but the plastic one is a hair too narrow, so it gets stuck in the bobbin winder when the foot presses down. My metal bobbin only has one hole in it and then the notch for the bobbin winder to fit into. The manual states that the machine takes 15 class bobbins, but all of the ones I see for sale have more holes in them than the one I have. Are those still the correct bobbins for this machine? Or do I need to be looking for bobbins with the one hole. Sorry if the question is confusing.

D~
NO plastic in an all metal machine, at least for the Singer 15-90/91.
might as well try making them stupid plastic bobbins into Christmas ornaments or something useful
Heehee! that could be cute.

I had posted the difference of the 15 vs 66 once here, but I can't find my post right now, and I can't find my photos that I thought I saved of the bobbins (must of trashed them). So, I will try to take photos of the different bobbins again. Might be later this evening that the photos get posted.
Thanks for the replies. :)

OK - so total newbie here... thankfully it only came with one plastic bobbin. So, what is wrong with a plastic bobbin in a metal machine? Would someone be willing to explain?

And thank you so much for taking photos - I am sure that many people will find them useful. :)

D~