View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 01:09 PM
OnTheGo

Here's an excerpt from Victoria's email on Father's Day.

My funny life. This morning I was leaving for church and I saw a lady walking across the courtyard. It was Raushan, a nanny at the baby house. She was in group 8 but now she is with group 5 and we were together yesterday. I thought that can’t be her, so I just kept walking then I heard “Victoria” across the courtyard. It was her. She lives 4 stairwells down from me in the same building and on the 5th floor also. She invited me to her home this evening so I went. I thought it would be tea and chocolates….NO! I had a huge plate of bish par mak (with beef not horse) and a gallon of tea. Her daughter works for the police and is the person that removes children from homes when there is neglect or abuse.

I told them that today is Father’s Day in America and they said it is cheaper to call with the cell phone plan they have so they tried to call. When they couldn’t get you they said, "Well, now we know how to find you when you go back to America to visit."

Birthday party was cool. Actually, hot, with 54 + kids in a not so big room dancing and singing. That's the most kids I have had at once for a birthday party. It's usually in the 30s.

The kids always do a skit for b'day parties
[ATTACH=CONFIG]222508[/ATTACH]

Here's part of the b'day group with their gift bags
[ATTACH=CONFIG]222509[/ATTACH]

At May/June Birthday Party @ Children's Home....the girl in purple can sing like an Angel, they say
[ATTACH=CONFIG]222511[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-222502.jpe   attachment-222503.jpe   attachment-222505.jpe