View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 02:48 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i started sewing in 4-H when i was 8- by the time i was in high school i made all my own clothes-including winter coats- and when i was 13 i made all 3 of my brother's 3-piece suits for Easter (that year my mom made sister & my dresses- i was busy making suits.
i really fought off the quilting bug for years- made one for each of my children as babies- but did not want to quilt- still made everything else- clothes and home decor--
about 12-15 years ago i guess (boy time flies) i saw a bom quilt at an on=line shop in Arizona and fell in love with it- read about what a bom is- signed up and by the 3rd block i was signing up for classes at the lqs- and going bonkers!...and that bom---the 12 blocks are done- have been for years---in a box- on top a cupboard---i've tried to get it out and finish it a number of times can not seem to do it- i tried last year to package it up and send it away- but gosh i still really love the fabrics- the quilt- and it was a very expensive lesson- haven't been able to part with it yet---and i did (unload) about 22 ufo's last year by sending them to other quilters who may like to finish them- but this one...can't finish it- can't part with it- so it lives in a box ... anyhow---sorry got a bit (off-topic)