Old 07-07-2011, 06:38 PM
kwendt

Originally Posted by deplaylady
Help! I am trying to identify this sewing machine. I saw this cabinet (and machine)last week at Good Will for $14. I went back today to get the cabinet for my 401, and after cleaning off the machine and plugging it in (it runs and sounds pretty good), I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep it. I had originally planned to toss it back to Good Will, but now it looks kind of cute with its part yellow color - but I can't find anything about it. I know its a Riccar, serial number JA3 724667, says Made in Japan on it. I can't see any model number and I have no idea if it's worth keeping or if I should throw it back.
It's a Japanese made, excellent machine ... a 15 class. I just got one very similar. I find that they run better than my Singer 15-91. KEEP IT. OR SEND IT TO ME! <wink> They frequently have little "do dads" that are tiny improvements on the 15-91; for instance: having a drop feed dog dial/adjustment on the bed, having oil ports that are chased with chrome and have little chrome floating bearings in them to keep dust and dirt out of the oil ports...