Old 07-07-2011, 11:02 PM
irishrose

But, Nanci, we'd have missed the drama.

How do you access the Yahoo page? Is it like the Necchi site and sends emails? Will it be confusing posting two places - not for the poster, but for the reader trying to follow?

Today was a waste. The quilting didn't go well. I think I am too much of a perfectionist. I may end up mailing the quilt after my GD returns to her base. Plus, I received a phone call that my Albuqueque GD will be here Monday for several days. I need to pick her up in Grand Rapids. 100 miles is close to my limit with neuropathy, but she is a good driver and can drive home. This is my son's birth daughter and a very special young lady. Bright, beautiful, funny, sweet, athletic and with her head on straight. Truly her father's daughter.

My food was okay, but a little carb heavy. I feel fat and bloated. I don't like it.

Rita's mom. there's a difference between trying to help some of these young people and taking one into your family. I think MJ is right. This young man needs counseling as does your daughter if the relationship continues. In the mean time, make it clear to him that she's the one in charge. Whining isn't becoming. Xylie, some of us are born to be nurturers. Rita's mom can't help it any more than I could. If you can help, then it's a sin of omission not to give it your best shot. But that doesn't apply when your daughter is involved. I had a young man who often slept at our house. I turned him out in some nasty weather if he couldn't meet my conditions which were for him, no drugs or no alcohol in my house, no 'friends' in, no going outside unless I went with him, no going upstairs where my daughters were and he had to call his family to let them know he was safe. He could abide by all but the last. If he was feuding with his dad, he wouldn't call his mother. Uh-huh. It was his choice. If the relationship continues, both you and your daughter need to lay down ground rules. If he doesn't comply then he's history. His choice. If she's done and he persists, call the police. Also his choice. BTW, tell your daughter it's okay to break up with him. It's not up to her to save him from himself.
For you, if your house is overrun with teens, put them to work. It's amazing how much they can do. My house was the cleanest when I had five children at home.

Off to bed, I think. I AM losing weight - today that was correct! Yay. I AM getting healthier - compared with several months ago, Yes! I am in control - me or the quilt???

Oh, why am I dieting ? For my mental stability. I don't like myself when I'm overweight. A leftover from my childhood, but it's too long a srory for now. G' night.